Monday, October 6, 2008

As the foliage changes, so do we


My initial headline was more like "as the leaves fall, so do we" but the context did not seem to make as much sense and seems rather morbid so let me know what you think about the "foliage" metaphor......... Fall has always been a melancholy time for this blogger, because it means the warm weather has moved south...and I haven't. I confess to loving it warm, never having to deal with winter coats and snow boots. In the context of the website design (and trying to get to my seasons metaphor here), we've affirmatively chosen red as the new website color. As you saw from a few blog posts ago, a red home page mockup was posted and it will look much like that.

Work continues with our excellent vendors who are keeping us on task with lots to think about and consider as we make changes. What will this do? Where will that go? How many clicks to get from here to there? What happens when you land on this page? More than just deciding on the website color, it's about providing the best experience possible for you. We're not going to take the existing site and give you the same clicks to the content you now see on the site. As the leaves change, we are thinking hard about getting you the best in functionality.

Are there websites you just love because they get you to where you wanna be? Are there websites you hate because you didn't get to your destination in any logical way? This blogger would love to know. Happy raking!

1 comment:

skergas said...

Just be careful to not make the new as recklessly busy as Border's site.
At times, it is difficult to tell where I'm and what I'm looking. When arriving at the home page, I feel like I want to leave! Make the site warm, inviting and welcoming and not overly busy