Monday, February 23, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
- finalizing search results pages
- inputting forms ~ this is great stuff for us on the back end, believe me!
- more training on inputting content on the back end
- continued "construction" of the back end database to meet our needs
Besides website work, I thought I'd follow up with sweetsearch.com and its search engine. I used it the other day when staffing the AskColorado virtual reference "desk." Not finding what I wanted out of my Google results, I thought of sweetsearch and switched. I was impressed with their results and liked the hits returned. Some were the same as what Google found; others were more on target and directed. Now I wish I could remember a specific example to share but one does not come to mind. Suffice it to say that I will be returning to sweetsearch when I need more directed answers to questions. Google will continue to be good for a more general search. They say it takes doing something seven times before it becomes a habit ~ let's see if I can remember to use another search engine the next time I need extra help! What are your favorite search engines? Why?
Monday, February 9, 2009
Monday, February 2, 2009
- creating forms
- deciding content on the Business & Research page
- functioning of the Staff Picks when you click on "From: name"